Tinospora cordifolia binomial name of Giloy. It has been used as medicine in India since ages. It is the most powerful herb according to ayurvedic literature. Giloy is a herbaceous vine, belonging to the Menispermaceae family. The Tropical regions of India has giloy. It is a climbing shrub. And not the leaves but also the roots, stems and sattva of the plant has several medicinal properties. It is a magical herb with an abundance of medical properties.
Advantages of Giloy
- Giloy can help treat diabetes as it works as a hypoglycemic agent. Having its juice can reduce high blood sugar levels and it works magically.
- Giloy is one of the best natural herbs which helps you boost your immunity. It is considered as a powerhouse of antioxidants which keeps your cells healthy and fights free radicals and keeps you healthy. It helps in purifying your blood and removing toxins from your body.
- Being antipyretic in nature, it helps in treating chronic fever and also reduces the symptoms of deadly diseases like swine flu, dengue and malaria.
- It also helps you improve your digestion. And treats core related issues as well. Having a half gram powder of giloy with amla on daily basis can give you great results or for treating constipation you have it with jaggery.
Some More Advantages
- It can also be used as an adaptogenic herb as it can help you in reducing anxiety and mental stress. It calms you down, improves memory and removes toxins. If you mix it with other herbs it can turn out to be a very effective health tonic.
- Because of having anti-arthritic and anti-inflammatory qualities, giloy can help you in treating arthritis. Consuming the powder from the stem with boiled milk can help you with joint pain and consuming it with ginger treats rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is anti-inflammatory in nature and can help you in treating respiratory issues like cough, common cold, tonsils, etc.
- Consuming giloy juice or chewing its root can help you treat Asthama.
- Applying giloy to your eyes can improve your vision. You just need to boil the powder in water and apply it over your eyelids after it cools downs.
- It has anti-ageing properties which can help you with acne problems, removes dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles.
Most of the time it doesn’t cause any side effects as it is a natural herb and is safe. But you can consult an expert before using it. Because it may cause low blood sugar level or constipation in some cases.